Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dedication Sunday



We dedicated our sweet baby girl on Sunday and it was also her first birthday!!!! What a day to celebrate her life....a life that we are dedicating to Christ! We are so blessed to have this sweet child in our lives. We thank our Heavenly Father daily for her.


My thoughts are often with her Ethiopian mother. I have been praying for her lots. I want her to know what a wonderful child "G" is. The dress that "G" is wearing was a gift from her Ethiopian mother. I was teary all day long.....every time I looked at "G" I wished her Ethiopian mother could see her. I know that I am "G's" mother and I totally feel that!!! My love for her is NO different than the love I have for my other two children!! BUT I will never replace that special woman who loved her first! It was an honor to meet her while we were in Ethiopia and is an honor that God chose us to raise this amazing child. We love "G's" Ethiopian mother and pray that one day we will see her again.

17 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, what a blessing of a keepsake for her to have a dress from her Ethiopian Mom. I'm all teary eyed, what a special way to celebrate her birthday!

Jana said...

"She is smokin'!!". Love, Elias

Toni W said...

She is so beautiful.. Can't believe she is a year old already.
Toni

JonesEthiopia said...

What an amazing thing to have a gift from her birthmother... That is truly a blessing! Wow!

And what wonderful pictures, too. :) Congrats!

Maria and Family said...

Congratulations on your beautiful family! She is just beautiful!!

cb4swife said...

Congratulations on the dedication! She is a cutie. Your heart for her Ethiopian mom is so sweet, too. I love your family picture :) God Bless...Shannon

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! What a beauty and what a handsome family. Happy Birthday to the wee one in the dress. She is so blessed to have a family to love and care for her and keep her birthmother in the spirit of it all. God Bless you all and congratulations!

Lori said...

What a beautiful family!! Thanks for sharing the story behind her dress, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

i so feel the same way about our birthmother. i pray for her often and i thank her for her sacrificial love. she has given us such a gift.

Congratulations on your dedication. she is gorgeous!

nancy said...

love the new pics! stinkin' cute, she is....

The Gresham Clan said...

Hooray on the dedication - she is beautiful!! Glad to hear things are going well Michelle! Miss you too :)!

Jen said...

so beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful memory for you to share with "G" when she grows up. I am so happy to see her with her new family. She has grown so much.

Kimmie said...

Beautiful, every word, every picture...it smells all of Jesus. How refreshing.

God bless you as you ooze Him ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

The Redman's said...

Missing you and missing new pictures. :0) hint, hint!!

Maria and Family said...

Seriously. i need to see an update please :) :)

Dawn said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you! Hope things are well!