Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ethiopia-Part 1

Well, I finally have two of my children napping at the same time......
...this is the first time since we got home!
Here are some pictures from our time in Ethiopia.
We had a wonderful time and hope to go back someday.



This picture is just for fun.....she is a ham!
This picture was taken in our hotel room in Ethiopia, I think day 2.
Here is Mike enjoying some airplane food.









I think this is Rome.




In the airplane.












The African desert from the airplane.




Red Sea


This is the Nile river.....kinda hard to see.



Getting our luggage in Ethiopia.

The famous "AGCI family" sign we waited so long to see!!!!!






The view from our room.



Our hotel room.


The one and only Almaz!!!


Our Monday morning meeting.....right before we met our babes!



THE PATH!!!!!!!
We waiting so long for our feet to be on this road!!!


A little "store" on the path to HH.



Some goats came down the road while we were walking to HH.





This is THE GATE we couldn't wait to walk through.
We are doing really well. Our baby is so good and so happy!!! So far the adjustments have been good......the hardest part is finding alone time for all three of my kiddos. Our older two children love, love, love, love our sweet baby.
I will post more pictures ASAP!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

That was the room we were in! I'm so happy to see photos. I've tried to be patient, but darn it all, we were just all so excited to hear from you. Congrats on getting the kids to sleep at the same time.

Our journey said...

I was so happy to hear from you today and know that everything is going well. Don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Brian and Autumn said...

YEAH!! Michelle is back! Looking forward to part 2. So happy you are doing well!
Love,
Autumn

nancy said...

Hi Michelle! thanks for the update. can't wait to see more when you have time but i know all about having no time...
p.s. please pray for my uncle tom...

Ron & Maria said...

LOVE the photos! I'm amazed that new moms have time to blog with the little ones! Enjoy and we can't wait for more!!!

Kimmie said...

Thanks for sharing your time in Ethiopia...so glad everything went so well. I enjoyed being a part of your journey. Kuddos for getting them to sleep at the same time...so glad you were able to post all about your experience.
Love your bins...were those all donations? What a great idea.

Hanging on for part 2 and beyond! Enjoy your sweet blessing!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

jody said...

so awesome!!! I actually cried when I saw the path and the gate and it made me realize HOW MUCH i want to go there!!! soon enough i suppose-we are anxiously awaiting our referral any day now!!! your girl is just stinkin adorable-i'm so glad you finally have her, i feel relived just to know she is finally with you all:)

A Team said...

MORE MORE WE WANT MORE!

What room were you in?

It is sooooo good to see pictures and to see you guys!
I am thrilled for yall!

:-)

sar said...

how exciting!! i want to walk down that path so badly! for now i will live it thru you guys...

can't wait to see part 2!!

don't forget to take nap time for you too!!

Jana said...

So fun to see your pictures, I keep meaning to call you and check in but you know how it goes. Busy, busy, busy days!!

Clark and Sarah said...

Oh the pictures are great. Can't wait to see more. I know that you are busy with three little ones now. I can't believe that you got two to nap at the same time. I sure hope that when I bring my little girl home I will be able to get both of my little toddlers to nap like that.

The Gresham Clan said...

Seeing those pictures brings me right back! I remember staring at that darn airplane screen for so long and just willing it to be in Addis :)!! So great to hear how things went!

K

Lori said...

How fun! Seeing your pictures makes me so excited to go to Ethiopia someday. So happy for you, your daughter is beautiful!!

Dawn said...

Yay - you're back on the blog! Thanks for sharing part 1 with us - looking forward to more updates. And oh my is she adorable or what!!!??

sar said...

can't wait to read about part 2!! i check every day! hope you are having an amazingly joyous Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and welcome home. Finally your little girl is on your arms. God bless her. I can't believe how big she is already. She is gorgeous.