Sunday, December 16, 2007

Why Adoption?

Why adoption?
This is probably the question we are asked the most, so here it goes.
We are adopting because we think it's biblical....."Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress....." James 1:27. No, we don't think that means everybody should or has to adopt. We feel that God places the desire to adopt on certain people's hearts and the desire gets stronger and stronger. Michael and I have talked about adoption since we were dating. Talking soon turned into a desire and grew until we acted on it.

How we began the process.
We started searching for adoption agencies on the internet and immediately fell in love with All Gods Children International (AGCI). So we applied and got accepted!
Now we needed to find a home study agency (this would be the agency that will actually come into our home and interview us, check out our home, ect.) There were only two of them in our city and they were so busy that it would've taken forever to get our home study complete. To make a long story short......We somehow found out about an agency out of state that is licenced in our state. They are called Gods Children Adoption Agency . They got our home study done much quicker and way cheaper!

So here we are, all done with our paperwork and waiting for our baby! We are so excited!!


Okay, a post is not a post without a picture. Pictures make blogs fun, right?? Here is a picture of me and my siblings a long, long time ago. My brother (the only boy in the picture) was adopted at the age of one month old. My sister (to the way right) was adopted at one week old.
I am very thankful for them!!

7 comments:

jgolberg said...

Wow was that picture a long time ago. It brings back so many memories growing up. Thanks so much for posting that picture Michelle. I am so excited for you and Mike and can't wait to meet that precious little baby you are going to be bringing home. I love you so much and am very glad that you are my sister. I don't know what I would do without you. Thanks for all that you do for us.
Love your wonderful and only sister
Jackie

Pastor TJ said...

You guys rock. That was so touching today that I almost cried right here in my office. I am so excited for you and believe that what you are doing is so biblical. You are my hero.

Miss you guys so much.

TJ and Betsy and Julian

Unknown said...

hi- my name is haley and my husband and i are shortly behind you in the process of adopting a baby boy from ethiopia from agci! actually, our families are quite similar- we have a 4 1/2 year old boy and a 2 year old girl :) i don't have a blog but would love to chat thru email sometime... blessings as you prepare for your little one,
haley

The Redman's said...

Hi- I just found your blog from Julie Beelers. :) We adopted a baby girl from Ethiopia in Aug. through AGCI!!! Welcome to the wonderful journey of adoption! I can't wait to see how your story unfolds.

-Suzi Redman

The Redman's said...

HI- I saw your post on my blog--thanks! Grace will be 8 months next week and our son is 4. How old are your kiddos?? They're too cute!!

-Suzi

Coming to Amharica said...

Thanks for saying hello on our blog! It's wonderful to find other AGCI families. Don't you love AGCI so much!!! Looking forward to following your family!
Dee Dee

Coming to Amharica said...

Michelle,
Now you have me cracking up! Don't feel dumb....I get a lot of repeat comments for the very same reason. We put the comment moderation in place because we got a few "anonymous" comments that we weren't comfortable with. Thanks for the chuckle! You're funny. YES, 2008 will be an excellent year and I can't wait until NEXT Christmas!

Dee Dee