Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend!!




On Friday we had some friends over to do some Easter egg dying.


Here are the girls with some of their masterpieces.

(The one in the middle is our daughter.)







We hid our children's Easter baskets,

so on Sunday morning they woke up

and had to search for their baskets.



Here is our little guy finding his basket. He loves to play in the kitchen so we knew that would be a great place for his basket. (He's a little too young for us to really hide it)










Here is our daughter finding her basket.

(I think next year we'll need to find a better spot...it didn't take her long at all to find it.)







Here are our children ready for church.








I love this picture!


Mike with the Kids.

Our little guy is getting funny in front of the camera now.






The family picture!

Can you tell our daughter "loved" taking this picture!

I think she was ready to go to church.






Sunday afternoon was the Third Annual Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard.

I don't know if we can really call it a hunt. The Eggs really weren't hidden, just kinda laying around the yard. It was more like an Easter Egg Pick Up!









I Can't help but think what next year will be like. Will our family picture have two more children??? What an exciting thought!!! Maybe next year we will have another toddler that we can share the Easter story with. It gets me so excited to think about!!! Will it be the first time our "new addition" hears about Jesus dying on the cross and rising from the dead??? It's so exciting that we get to share Jesus with our new child/children!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Your kids are adorable! Wasn't Easter morning fun? You absolutely will have another child by Easter next year--of course you may have 2 more! Can you imagine how crazy life will be? I can't wait until Friday to hear where everyone is on the list!
Sharon

Pastor TJ said...

Shelly,

Your kids are so cute. The pictures made me miss them a ton. They sure are growing up fast.

TJ

Braedensmommy said...

Michelle,
I love the pictures. Your kids are precious! I kept thinking the same thing ALL day...wow! Next year Easter will be MUCH busier!
xoxo,
Megan

TJ and Betsy said...

Your blog of Easter was so complete I felt like I was there too! Great job! Your kids are beautiful, and are getting so big! I can't wait for our boys to get to really play together now that they're bigger!
Talk to you later!
Love u guys!
Betsy

Jana said...

Hi Michelle,

It looks like you had a great time! I was thinking about next Easter too. It finally got very real for me the other day, I thought to myself (because I'm super spiritual :)) I've got to go SHOPPING! I've never gotten to buy blue! So today Kiera and I trotted out to Target and got some baby boy stuff. How fun! But more seriously, I have been thinking about the spiritual impact and the significance of adding another to our family-wanting that child more than anything to chase after Jesus. Have a great day! Jana

Our journey said...

What a great time. Our Easter egg hunt looked the same. The kids are too young to really hide them.

My daughter too loves any chance to get all gussied up and thinks she is a princess. She even got a little lipgloss.

I can't imagine that we might be home next Easter with our little girl. We had the best service at church and I was just a mess. Our pastor and my best friend, who is also the Director of Ministries at our church, spoke on resurrection and where they see it in their lives and in the lives of those around them. She talked about this little girl waiting for us in Ethiopia who will have hope and a resurrection of her own through our adoption. I can not say it as well as she did, but there was not a dry eye in the house! I can not wait to share the love of Jesus with her someday.

Amy

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Yes it's 6 pages. You just answer questions, but they're questions like: "how will you know if your child has anxiety attachment disorder?" and questions about your plans for counseling, therapy, church, play groups, day care, etc. We all know about the best layed plans of mice and men....If only everything went according to plan. Honestly, with our two little ones it took about 6 days to get all the paperwork completed. I definitely recommend jumping up and getting the medical review done first thing. That costs more for an expedited review. Tufts was $300 and I only spent 20 minutes on the phone with them. I want that type of salary. That's $900 bucks an hour. I could feed and clothe a lot of children with that.

I can't wait to see your newest babies too.

Sharon

Coming to Amharica said...

You silly girl....remember I have a delay on my comments. I was laughing when I saw all your comments in my email. I enjoyed your Easter pics!! Just think how different next year will be. You have one (or two) more in the hunt.

I will be posting immediately when we get the call. Gosh, I hope it is soon.
Dee Dee

The Gresham Clan said...

Hi Michelle,

What a fun Easter you had - and what a beautiful family!! Thanks for your incredibly kind and thoughtful comments on my hard day waiting and missing my "A." How are you doing??

Kristin

stacnjul said...

I can't wait to see pictures from your next Easter!!! Your kiddos look like they were enjoying themselves very much:) It won't be long now!!!!
~Julia

Outdrsycple said...

I just got the bi-weekly email from Martha and saw that there was some movement on the siblings wait list. Does this mean you guys have moved up? Just wondering what your calculations were on that. Also, do you have the blogs of any of the 6 families returning home this week? Love the Easter pics :)

Our journey said...

I can't wait to hear about your referral too! I am neurotic at checking these blogs, hoping to be able to rejoice with you soon.

Amy