Saturday, February 23, 2008

Still Waiting

On Wednesday morning our phone rang and it was our local adoption agency (the one that did our HS). They said that they had gotten an email from the USCIS office saying they (the USCIS) needed a letter from our states Department Of Human Services saying that our agency is licensed in our state.
So what next??? Well, our social worker had to send our home study and a letter of request so The Department Of Human Services would write a letter stating they are licensed in our state. Once that letter was finished by Humans Services they would need to send it back to our social worker, who then would send it to the USCIS office.
I was feeling a little down thinking that this would take forever to get it all done.
My SW called the Department of Human Services and asked if she could just fax all the papers. They said that would be fine. Once the Department received everything they wrote the letter and had it "overnighted" back to my SW. So, by Thursday our SW had the letter she needed. She then "overnighted" it to the USCIS office. They should have gotten it by Friday!!!
Our home study agency thinks we should be getting our letter this coming up week. I don't want to get my hopes up...but I can't help it!

13 comments:

A Team said...

I HOPE FOR YOU THAT THIS IS THE WEEK!

you asked how old he is... he is 3 1/2 months old :-)
His birthday was on November 5th (the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death).

He just fell asleep so I better go to bed.

Hope this is the week so you don't have to sleep out in the cold and stalk your mail man any more

Pastor TJ said...

All in the Lord's timing it's all coming together. It would be nice if we could some how fly through time rather than waiting, but then some of us would spend our whole life flying instead of enjoying it.

We miss you guys tons! We're planning our vacation though!!! How's August sound?

Betsy

Our journey said...

I have been anxiously waiting with you and praying for you. I hope that this solves their hold-up and your approval comes QUICKLY!!

Amy

Unknown said...

You will see. This is your week.

The Gresham Clan said...

Sounds like some things are moving... yeah! I will be praying for your letter this week!!!
Kristin

Coming to Amharica said...

Oh Michelle,
I just keep saying "why?" over and over in my head. I'm sure this is beyond agonizing.

There were so many times I asked God "why?" I asked not out of anger but just wanting to know what His ultimate plan was through the agony. We know there is a reason, but at times it feels like we're groping in a fog to see God's treasure at the end. I am praying for peace for you! When I am finished typing ;) I will bow my head and pray for that peace and FDL!!

Hang in there...I wish I could give you a big hug!
Dee Dee

Our journey said...

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Isaiah 65:24

nell ann said...

So I'm jealous of you, even though you're having issues because we haven't even mailed ours in yet! Our homestudy and everythig should be finished at the beginning of March so we're sending everything together. Your time will come!

Brian and Autumn said...

Thank the Lord for fax machines and UPS!!

Braedensmommy said...

Praying for you, sweetie! This is THE week!!

Holli said...

I am so glad you found me! It is always fun to follow others and hear their stories!
I will be praying for you and the hold up and the WHOLE thing!

Jana said...

Michelle, you are so nice, boy I must sound awful complaining about our weather when you are suffering from neg 20 coldness! The adoption process is going well, as you are I have been checking our mailbox with increasing frequency! I sure hope your letter comes this week, what a treat that would be. We did get a letter today saying our dossier is enroute to DC and were asked to turn in the referral parameters so that's exciting. I hope you stay warm and keep me updated! You can always email me as well at fraserfam@charter.net. Jana

John and Heather said...

Anything? Anything at all? I just don't get it!! It has to be a timing thing; adoption is all about timing! God has prefect timing! He is lining you up with one awesome kiddo or kiddos;) Praying for you and I'm getting a bit impatient, so I can only imagine what you're going through. Tomorrow is Friday, so will it be this week? Let's pray!!