Friday, July 18, 2008

Feeling better

Well, we had our days of crying and things have "calmed" down.
Don't get me wrong, I would do anything to go and get our baby!! Mike even said that if AGCI would allow it, he would send me over to Ethiopia just to visit our baby.
I don't think that is allowed though:(
I do feel like God is giving us a peace about the wait. I am still really really really longing to hold our sweet little girl. I really believe that if God wanted us to bring our baby home next month, He would have made it happen. I don't know that we will ever know why we have to wait and that's OK. We are totally trusting in God's timeline and plans.
So what's happening now?
Well, there are lots of families getting ready to travel and some still waiting on travel calls.
I am really hoping to get more pictures (of our little one) from these families. This will really help us during the wait.
We are going to be praying for our little lady lots during this time. Praying the God will be preparing her heart for her new family!!
We are more than in love with all three of our children!!! We feel so blessed that God has placed three little lives in our hands and we have the privilege of taking care of them.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Your daughter is going to be so blessed to have such a family. She may be a little older, but more and more loved. You are absolutely going to be getting photos! Every ounce of love I can give her will be completely from you, not me. I cannot wait to be your eyes for you. I will try to describe every thing about her; her voice, her smell, her smile. You are going to be even more in love, if that's possible.

Maria and Family said...

Oh this is so hard. I know. Having been thru this before my heart breaks for you. GOD does have a plan,even if we dont "get it" Which I didnt LOL until my baby was coming home then I did, it made sense. I hope you are one of the first families after the break flying off to get your daughter !!
Maria

jody said...

I was so glad to connect with you on the listserv-and I am so sorry for your heartwrenching wait. ugh. I'm so glad God is big enough to handle our confusion/frustration/anger/sadness and just still love us so very much and hold us close. Cling to Him all the more during this time so that you may see Him in ways you have never seen Him before! I will pray for your family-all 5 of you!

The Gresham Clan said...

I'm so glad you are feeling God's peace. Praise Him for his amazing ways! I know it's so hard, but your precious girl will be so excited and ready for you when you come to get her! I will continue to lift you all up in prayer!

Kristin

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Glad your are feeling better Michelle. I am sorry to hear you have to wait. Waiting is very hard. Know that your daughter will be well loved until you arrive!
Smiles,
jen in mi

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family. I'm so sorry you didn't get your date. We got our referral in March and were praying for the same thing. We barely made it. Our court date is July 24. I guess that shows how backed up they were. We've been trying to adopt for three years in 3 countries and this one finally went through quickly. God does have a plan. There is a reason.
Kelly

Jana said...

Glad to hear the cloud has lifted, I was really surprised with how hard we BOTH took it. You and I can just concentrate on the little ones at home and keep our other little ones in our hearts!

Jana said...

When I said both, I meant Rob and I, he was realllllllllly bummed.

Leann said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. We are too. The Lord has a way of giving peace when we seek his will, doesn't He? The time will fly....
Leann