Thursday, July 3, 2008

Final Shots!

We got our last shots for traveling today. I was so excited!!! Yep, you read right, I was excited? I can't wait to bring our baby home and now I feel like we are even more ready...does that make sense? I don't like getting shots, but if it's for going to Ethiopia to bring our baby home.....I take as many as they want to give me and even do it with a smile!
My husband on the other hand was not as thrilled as me. He was so nervous. It was so funny. He's a pretty laid back guy and while he was sitting in the exam room his legs were bouncing up and down all nervous like......he just couldn't sit still. And our son was so uncomfortable too. While the nurse was getting the needles ready, his chin started to quiver....so sweet.
Here are some pictures.
My nervous boys.
The girls doing just fine.


Mike was so nervous at this point.

And that was it!
We are more than ready to go and see our baby!
My arms just can't wait to hold her.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Poor Mike. He looks a bit unhappy to be getting shots. I hate them. I'm just praying that the shots I got when I was in the Air Force (years ago) are good enough.

I am praying that we can all travel together! That would be fantastic!

So......what's her name going to be? I'm dying to know!

Blog Shmog said...

what is it about men and shots? my husband has a harder time with them then me too. :)
congratulations on being one step closer!

The Gresham Clan said...

Oh this looks like fun! Shots are a necessary evil - that's what I tell myself anyway :)! How are you doing? How's the waiting?

Kristin

Jana said...

Oh Ouch! Yikes, those are brutal! Jana

sar said...

how exciting! i'll be praying for these last few weeks before you meet your baby girl!

speaking of shots...how many do you have to get? is it a one time deal or a series?

we are just beginning our process but want to be as prepared as possible. :D

sarah & mark [[in n.c.]]

hennfamily said...

I remember those shots!!! And boy are they worth it!!! It is so exciting that all of these steps are leading up to God uniting you with your baby.

Praying for your court date!
Tanya

obligato said...

OUCH...i know that hurts! She was 5 months old to the day we brought her home! NOW SHE IS 9 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there. U are close to your baby girl!

Eastiopians said...

Wow! You are so close to getting your hands on her! I also hope court happens for you guys very soon. You are way ahead of us...we are still deciding on an agency. We are going to the AGCI picnic on Saturday. We have a meeting with Bethany Christian Services next Tuesday, then Children's Hope meeting in August. We plan to pick and put in our application in September! Can't wait! Would love to hear more about your experience with AGCI so far...my email address is theresaeast1@yahoo.com I can't wait to watch your progress!